The more dates you go on with a guy where there is mutual chemistry and a connection, the higher the likelihood of him becoming your boyfriend. In this ideal scenario, getting this guy to be your boyfriend would be effortless. More often than not, finding a boyfriend can feel like hard work. If it feels like you’re putting in a great deal of effort, you may be obsessed with getting a boyfriend. A great guy will sense the energy of desperation and be turned off.
How to know if you’re trying too hard
If you’re trying too hard, you’ll be focused on him instead of yourself. Answering these questions will help you know where you’re at when it comes to getting a boyfriend. If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, you’re trying too hard.
1. Are you too flirtatious?
2. Do you dress too provocatively?
3. Are you too available?
4. Do you wait around for him to contact you?
5. Do you pursue him?
6. Do you manipulate him in any way?
7. Do you lead guys on?
8. Do you reveal too much too soon?
9. Do you sacrifice or compromise who you are just to be with him?
10. Do you behave and act in ways you think appeals to him?
11. Do you sleep with a guy too soon, hoping things will become serious?
12. Do you ruminate and obsess over everything he said or did?
13. Do you try to force an outcome?
14. Do you tend to rush into relationships too soon?
15. Are you putting your life on hold until you meet the one?
How to let things happen naturally
If you’re frustrated and tired about not being successful in love, get your free Monthly Guide to Love. You’ll receive insightful articles, inspirational resources and best practices to get and keep a boyfriend.